Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist

Old 06-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #61
plivx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilett0 View Post
Honest criticism warning!

Sorry, guys. I made it to 1:30. I stiffened up when the comment was made about the banks they rob being the same ones that rob people. I thought, okay, maybe this bank holds drug money or something.

Then he said the "modern-day Robin Hoods" crap and I closed the window.

Stop preaching, please. Just stop. It doesn't help the game at all. It makes it worse. These are bloodthirsty, selfish criminals and mass murderers. Stop trying to give them moral justification.

I will say, though - if you're doing this instead of the movie, good. A feature film full of that stuff would not do very well.
Thnks for mentioning this but the payday devs don't like being critisized on their 1st episode I don't know it was their 1st try everyone makes mistakes and their mistake was getting that director that doesn't know anything of the game. This is hopeless.
plivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #62
TheCombatMedic

Would a gang of 4 people going on a mass murdering spree just for the thrill and money make a good transition to "film"? I realize that what the web series is and what the game is are quite different from each other, but I think I can see why some of the changes were made. For all we know, the crew are totally lying their asses off about "sticking it to the bank" in order to make the hostages feel less anxious and less likely to do something stupid.

Last edited by TheCombatMedic: 06-05-2013 at 08:57 PM.
TheCombatMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #63
Lulzator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCombatMedic View Post
Would a gang of 4 people going on a mass murdering spree just for the thrill and money make a good transition to "film"? I realize that what the web series is and what the game is are quite different from each other, but I think I can see why some of the changes were made. For all we know, the crew are totally lying their asses off about "sticking it to the bank" in order to make the hostages feel less anxious and less likely to do something stupid.
Part of me likes to think it as the crew trying to justify their crimes to themselves by claiming that it's for the greater good. Also looking up the guy portraying Bain, no offense but this is the last guy I would picture being Bain.
Lulzator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:29 PM   #64
1sniper8wolf7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoShel View Post
Based off of this, I'm inferring there'll be selectable difficulties.
On the crime.net map there are heists all with varying difficulty levels and paygrades according to the stars. Looking at this map you can see the heists already have set difficulty levels.

Because of that I think that the screen in the web series was made just for the series.

Last edited by 1sniper8wolf7: 06-05-2013 at 09:31 PM.
1sniper8wolf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #65
Lulzator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sniper8wolf7 View Post
On the crime.net map there are heists all with varying difficulty levels and paygrades according to the stars. Looking at this map you can see the heists already have set difficulty levels.

Because of that I think that the screen in the web series was made just for the series.
I wouldn't see why they would go out of their way to write in "Hard" and "Overkill" payment lists when it looks more like a game mechanic than something intentionally put in just for the movie and doesn't really make much sense in a movie context.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #66
1sniper8wolf7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulzator View Post
I wouldn't see why they would go out of their way to write in "Hard" and "Overkill" payment lists when it looks more like a game mechanic than something intentionally put in just for the movie and doesn't really make much sense in a movie context.
I doubt First World Bank is in the game yet if they decide to remake. The objectives on the list where it does say hard and overkill are ridiculous. Enter the bank get paid, Hoxton watch timer get paid and there is no other difficulties just those 2. It could be a game mechanic an incomplete one if it is no doubt.
1sniper8wolf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #67
AMV

So my first question is: Budgets. How much did the museum wing/train station lobby cost?

Because that sure as is the worlds smallest bank in the biggest room if I have ever seen one. That echo...

And how about a bit of hustle when they jump out of the van?

Also, on Bain's screen it said Dallas was already on location, and the others were 'en route'. So who was driving? Matt?

How did the security cameras go down? Did Bain take them down or what?

Secondly, why are the "cops" in "full" gear but no helmets. That just makes no sense whichever way you look at it. Also, their badges say 'security officer' - so why are they turning up in SWAT vans?

Also, how did the cops manage to walk down a back corridor and corner them in the vault. Wouldn't the crew have taken that enterance, logically? If it was a narrow corridor, then surely they could have barred a door, motion trip sensors or either a SENTRY or a TRIP MINE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forblaze7 View Post
Gunfights need more work.
Not even using blank rounds, went straight for the post production.

I didn't realise assualt rifles had no recoil!

Quote:
Stop preaching, please. Just stop. It doesn't help the game at all. It makes it worse. These are bloodthirsty, selfish criminals and mass murderers. Stop trying to give them moral justification.
Like I said after the trailer, this is a horrible angle. Just awful, and is a trope that is attempted to be used and very rarely pulled off very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire (STAM) View Post
It was badly coordinated, bad camera work, crap cast, jumping straight into the action which bypasses what makes PAYDAY good and much more.

Re-watch it from a critical standpoint, it was p***-poor considering people can make things far better with no budget.
I have seen better uni/college short films.

The editing on the handheld cameras throughout does not help the matter. Neither does having the shot so close/zoomed in during all this either.

Also, Simon didn't do the music? Music was good that being said.

We have a director/producer also playing Bain - fair enough, that I get.

And considering Wolf is "As Himself" yet they have a stunt and stand-in, when no other character does...

Look, not the worst thing I have ever seen. I'll still watch the rest of them, if only for brand loyalty.

Sorry, Demian, Melissa, Dylan, rest of crew & OVERKILL...but that was pretty trash.
AMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:02 PM   #68
TheCombatMedic

At this point, I don't think there will be any major changes to how the series are being produced. Unless there's an in character reason for Hoxton suddenly becoming British or the crew going against their reasons for robbing the bank, I think what we see now is going to stay the course. If you wanna spare yourself the pain, don't watch the rest of the series and just wait for the game to be released, otherwise you won't be excited for the game.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #69
Stilett0

Banned
Quote:
Part of me likes to think it as the crew trying to justify their crimes to themselves by claiming that it's for the greater good. Also looking up the guy portraying Bain, no offense but this is the last guy I would picture being Bain.
Actually, that guy just reminds me of Penn Jillette, who I could easily see as Bain.
Stilett0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:47 PM   #70
hendawg2020

Quote:
Also looking up the guy portraying Bain, no offense but this is the last guy I would picture being Bain.
Actually, I imagined a guy actually not far off from how this guy looks..

On a side note, this actor could possibly portray you-know-which-one decently...
hendawg2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:03 AM   #71
Lulzator

Quote:
Actually, that guy just reminds me of Penn Jillette, who I could easily see as Bain.
I would like that better, he could teach us his secret to catching bullets.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:23 AM   #72
hendawg2020

After some closer inspection:

Pause at 0:11 to see Bain's initial screens. It shows the "PAYDAY GANG" in "FOGGY BOTTOM". It also shows areas "DOWNTOWN", "GEORGETOWN", and "WEST END"..

Pause at 0:14 to see the zoomed-in "WEST END" and you will see "MPD PRESENCE MEDIUM TO HIGH".

Pause it at 0:29 for the FWB schematic. Notice the following: "CRIME SIMULATOR v2.04.12", "RAW DATA...CALCUALTIONS" (yes, it's misspelled), "CURRENT HEIST..OVERKILL (ALOCATION?(If so, misspelled as well) ALGORITHM?(Much safer bet as the correct word, but only because it fits... it still doesn't make sense in the long run))", "CURRENT CRIMNET (yes, also misspelled) REVENUE STREAMS", also, notice the "DIFFICULTY LEVEL" keep changing (next to the OVERKILL and STARBREEZE logos).

Pause at 0:31 in, and we get to see the Primary Weapon Inventory...and the M308 rifle at like $77,000. You will also be able to see that we can "SELL WEAPON". Pretty neat I might say..

Anyways...unless this is JUST for the web series sake, I'm thinking we might get another heist at a FWB..

The things I want to know about are the "PayGrade" and "Difficulty" in the top right corner...

EDIT: OH...please somebody tell me that the images seen on the monitors in FWB are also the ones (or similar) in Episode 1... at 2:39...

Oh, I also wanna know if the masks the guys wore are the same ones that are at the OVERKILL office or no..

Last edited by hendawg2020: 06-06-2013 at 12:32 AM.
hendawg2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:11 AM   #73
soulspeaker

Banned
it must be fun to watch movies with some of you guys.
soulspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:15 AM   #74
Yobo1987

Re-watched again, and sadly Simon was not listed anywhere. I thought he would be involved with the music.
Yobo1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:40 AM   #75
TheCombatMedic

Simon may be busy doing the game's soundtrack and probably has no time to also do the web series music himself. Besides that, I think it's interesting to hear someone else's tale on the music.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist