Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crysis series

Old 05-31-2012, 12:48 AM   #16
Amy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headcrab_Zer0 View Post
Not to doubt you or anything but I'll wait for a ProtectionID scan result before making any further moves.
That's exactly how i scanned the game And it detected no DRM at all.
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:55 AM   #17
Headcrab_Zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy View Post
Could you paste the ProtectionID log please?
Headcrab_Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:55 AM   #18
Rob316gold2

I don't really understand what you guys are complaining about in regards to solid-shield. I have crysis 2 installed on more than 5 systems and they all work, and when I check my activations remaining it says i still have 5 of 5 remaining. So from my personal experience i can't see what your complaining about. I have several Tages Solid Shield games and they all have let me install and activate more than what their limits have said i can. Riddick has 3 activations and i've got 7 installs of it, with this statement i find your current complaints about it confusing. Moving on i have need for speed HP on 3 machines and it says at this time that i have 5 of 5 activations remaining (FYI its the retail origin version not the steam version which has no DRM), same with crysis 2. Dead space 2 which i just activated says i have 4 of 5 activations remaining even though its my 3rd activation and i have a good feeling that it will go back to five in a few days like it always has.

Again this puzzles me about your complaints. I have legitimately gone beyond the activation limits with this DRM and have yet to hit a wall.

My only question to you is have any of you actually tried to burn up all your activations to see what would happen? If not then your judgements about tages are invalid as my experience shows the exact opposite of what the public common complaint is about. Now i know that DRM functionality is based on what the developer chooses for how it works not all games will work like this but i can say from personal experience that these games that ive mentioned do indeed have a technical infinite activation limit. they just need time to refund them.

Last edited by Rob316gold2: 05-31-2012 at 03:12 AM.
Rob316gold2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:02 AM   #19
Amy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob316gold2 View Post
I don't really understand what you guys are complaining about in regards to solid-shield. I have crysis 2 installed on more than 5 systems and they all work, and when I check my activations remaining it says i still have 5 of 5 remaining. So from my personal experience i can't see what your complaining about. I have several Tages Solid Shield games and they all have let me install and activate more than what their limits have said i can. Riddick has 3 activations and i've got 7 installs of it, with this statement i find your current complaints about it confusing. Moving on i have need for speed HP on 3 machines and it says at this time that i have 5 of 5 activations remaining (FYI its the retail origin version not the steam version which has no DRM), same with crysis 2. Dead space 2 which i just activated says i have 4 of 5 activations remaining even though its my 3rd activation and i have a godd feeling that it will go back to five ina few days like it always has.

Again this puzzles me about your complaints. I have legitimately gone beyond the activation limits with this DRM and have yet to hit a wall.

My only question to you is have any of you actually tried to burn up all your activations to see what would happen? If not then your judgements about tages are invalid as my experience shows the exact opposite of what the public common complaint is about.
The activattion probably don't get affected anymore due to the maximum edition who have no DRM at all, it's also listed asa a separate game, probably to have no problem becasue it have no DRM.
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:11 AM   #20
Ghostbreed

Banned
Quote:
Not to doubt you or anything but I'll wait for a ProtectionID scan result before making any further moves.
Quote:
Quote:
Could you paste the ProtectionID log please?
Geez... Paranoid much?
Ghostbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:17 AM   #21
Headcrab_Zer0

Quote:
I don't really understand what you guys are complaining about in regards to solid-shield. I have crysis 2 installed on more than 5 systems and they all work, and when I check my activations remaining it says i still have 5 of 5 remaining. So from my personal experience i can't see what your complaining about. I have several Tages Solid Shield games and they all have let me install and activate more than what their limits have said i can. Riddick has 3 activations and i've got 7 installs of it, with this statement i find your current complaints about it confusing. Moving on i have need for speed HP on 3 machines and it says at this time that i have 5 of 5 activations remaining (FYI its the retail origin version not the steam version which has no DRM), same with crysis 2. Dead space 2 which i just activated says i have 4 of 5 activations remaining even though its my 3rd activation and i have a godd feeling that it will go back to five ina few days like it always has.

My only question to you is have any of you actually tried to burn up all your activations to see what would happen? If not then your judgements about tages are invalid as my experience shows the exact opposite of what the public common complaint is about.
The main issue people have is that such schemes are unnecessary on Steam copies as you need to be logged into your Steam account to play them anyway. They also go against one of Steam's guiding principles (games are tied to your account, not your computer).
Old 05-31-2012, 03:19 AM   #22
Headcrab_Zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbreed View Post
Geez... Paranoid much?
To be fair, in the OP I did ask for the ProtectionID log to be pasted. This will also identify if there are inert SolidShield files too.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:47 AM   #23
nrnoble

Quote:
There's no sign of any DRM in the file except the Steam key activation for online mode.

It's clean.
No way, they must be now using the ultra-top-secret DRM that they install and not tell anyone so that they can reformat the HDDs and then launch a mini nuclear warhead that has the ability to destroy most small cities.
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:11 AM   #24
SabreXT

Quote:
I don't really understand what you guys are complaining about in regards to solid-shield. I have crysis 2 installed on more than 5 systems and they all work, and when I check my activations remaining it says i still have 5 of 5 remaining. So from my personal experience i can't see what your complaining about. I have several Tages Solid Shield games and they all have let me install and activate more than what their limits have said i can. Riddick has 3 activations and i've got 7 installs of it, with this statement i find your current complaints about it confusing. Moving on i have need for speed HP on 3 machines and it says at this time that i have 5 of 5 activations remaining (FYI its the retail origin version not the steam version which has no DRM), same with crysis 2. Dead space 2 which i just activated says i have 4 of 5 activations remaining even though its my 3rd activation and i have a good feeling that it will go back to five in a few days like it always has.

My only question to you is have any of you actually tried to burn up all your activations to see what would happen? If not then your judgements about tages are invalid as my experience shows the exact opposite of what the public common complaint is about. Now i know that DRM functionality is based on what the developer chooses for how it works not all games will work like this but i can say from personal experience that these games that ive mentioned do indeed have a technical infinite activation limit. they just need time to refund them.
I don't have issues with GFWL, with one exception which I had to install another GFWL game to work around, but I've been bitten by other DRM and copy protection schemes. I do get why people have issues, or even just the "pay to rent" idea.

Saying "I never had a problem with it so you are all lying/paranoid/whining over nothing" is a bit like if a model of car has wheels that randomly fall off, but saying other people who have had horrific crashes are just QQing because yours haven't fallen off yet.

I'm not saying you are lying, but not everyone has had such a positive experience with DRM. Even if it's just having to spend time faffing about with needless codes.
SabreXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:26 PM   #25
Oni Gryphon

Just thought I'd point out that I posted the results of my test for all to see in the stickied topic for the maximum edition.
Oni Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #26
Headcrab_Zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni Gryphon View Post
Just thought I'd point out that I posted the results of my test for all to see in the stickied topic for the maximum edition.
Thanks for that. I've already sent your findings over to the 3rd party DRM thread and I can buy the game knowing that I won't be denied access to it due to excess hardware changes or driver updates. I already got burned once by Borderlands GOTY after finding out that it still had SecuROM on the first 2 DLCs.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:51 PM   #27
Selfdestructive

Quote:
Thanks for that. I've already sent your findings over to the 3rd party DRM thread and I can buy the game knowing that I won't be denied access to it due to excess hardware changes or driver updates. I already got burned once by Borderlands GOTY after finding out that it still had SecuROM on the first 2 DLCs.
I know that feeling
Selfdestructive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:53 PM   #28
Oni Gryphon

Quote:
Hey no problem. I'm just glad it's gone myself. Now I can enjoy my game worry free.
Oni Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crysis series