Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor

Old 03-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
Marioface5

Who else thinks Medic Rank 6 requirements need to be lowered?

Being the only perk you can't train solo, not to mention being the only perk that depends on other players (and them being hurt, at that) it seems even more unfair that you need 100,000 teammate heal points for Rank 6 compared to the 25,000 teammate heal points needed for Rank 5. Either this number should be drastically lowered, or self-healing should count towards it. Maybe both. Am I alone in thinking this?
Old 03-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #2
Jsnazz

i have a solution. find a medic buddy : )

hmmm strolling some where and healing each other off
Jsnazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #3
tekka1987

It's also the perk which is arguably the easiest to train off-perk since it doesn't involve buying anything (you could also make a good case for SS, due to the 9mm).

Furthermore, the perk bonuses between lvl 5 and lvl 6 are more pronounced than any other perk in my opinion. Medic gets 50% faster syringe recharge, 25% armor resistance and 5% movement speed. Most of the other classes aren't getting as substancial buffs (zerker gets 5% attack speed, 10% movement speed, 10% damage resistance, commando gets 5% reload speed, 10% recoil buff, etc.)

That being said, yes it takes a long time if you are actively going for lvl 6. My advice would be just play and heal others when you can, you will get the exp eventually.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsnazz
i have a solution. find a medic buddy : )

hmmm strolling some where and healing each other off
A lot of people frown on this, at least on public servers, because you usually end up wasting other people's time (people waiting for the wave to end, people waiting to respawn, etc.)
tekka1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #4
Jsnazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka1987 View Post

A lot of people frown on this, at least on public servers, because you usually end up wasting other people's time (people waiting for the wave to end, people waiting to respawn, etc.)
you're ruining those medics romantic vibes
Jsnazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #5
HoopleDoople

I don't think medic is really that unreasonable to reach level 6 with compared to the other classes. The reason it seems likes so much is that up until level 5 it is ridiculously easy to level. Thus needing 75k heal points to reach level 6 seems like a crazy amount when it took only 25k to reach level 5.

But if you look at it one can very easily reach level 3 without ever touching the medic perk (I actually recommend players take this route); 4k just isn't that much. If you actually bother to heal your allies when they need it (also recommended) you can (and likely will) hit medic level 3 before your main perk reaches level 4.

As a level 3+ medic you can usually count on at least 1k heal points a game. Thus you could potentially hit level 4 after a mere 8 games, and then to level 5 after 13 more. If you can find the right team earning up to 3k heal points in a game is feasible, assuming you bring both MP7 and MP5. The trick is playing on a server where players aren't too stupid/under-leveled that the team wipes early or too talented/over-leveled that they take very little damage. And nothing will net you heal points faster than a zerker of modest competence; you can count on one to take damage at an alarming rate, but they are typically smart enough to not get themselves killed (too quickly).

Last edited by HoopleDoople: 03-01-2012 at 10:59 PM.
HoopleDoople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:34 AM   #6
.EDI

Banned
It should be raised.
.EDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:04 AM   #7
ASecondOpinion

I don't think they need to be lowered at all. Medic lv6 requirement is perfectly fine as it is
ASecondOpinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #8
poutsample

That is a true achievement. IMO the leveling from 5 to 6 should be as difficult as that for all perks... 6 should be real grand masters.

Last edited by poutsample: 03-02-2012 at 06:34 PM.
poutsample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #9
ilovetrance

i think the requirements is worth it imo, since you can level 1 to 5 kinda fast while not using the medic perk. Well, I play medic A LOT which is my main perk, now i have 105hrs of gameplay and just need about 10k to gain level 6. It's just fun for me being a meat shield and trying to keep your teammates alive and making it through the wave
and the bonus for medic perk on level 6 is just insane.

my other perks suffer a stagnancy tho,
1 zerk, 1 fb, 4 ss, 3 commando, 3 demo, and 3 support.
ilovetrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:01 AM   #10
JRMC

Banned
Medic wasn't that hard to level up. The only problem is the annoying teammates that purposely heal others when you join in. Other than that, get yourself the two med guns and just heal.
I see a lot of medics that kill instead of healing.
JRMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:55 AM   #11
ASecondOpinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMC View Post
The only problem is the annoying teammates that purposely heal others when you join in.
I tend to find that that isn't the issue, but those who choose to heal themselves when they have a medic right behind them.

You concentrate on the killing and I'll concentrate on the healing, if you don't mind.
ASecondOpinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #12
GRS9

Banned
You're not the only one.
GRS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #13
PingSpike

I almost got it last night, its pretty close finally. It does seem to take forever. I got most of my points as off perk. Half the games you play the other players barely get injured and there's no one to heal. So I start as medic, buy and MP5 and then switch to a different class and level up on that. I keep the MP5 and heal whenever I get the chance. Its a good backup weapon too.

One tip I can tell you is to follow around beserkers...especially bad ones. Those guys usually get tore apart.
PingSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #14
Angry_Karma

The medic is not taking me any longer to level up than any of the other classes did.

My medic and beserker are at level 5 and everything else is at level 6.

if your playing on hard with a good team and you spend your time healing rather than killing you can get around 1,000 to 2,000 in a long match. granted you may not always get that much, however:

splitting the difference at 1,500 points average over 10 rounds. You would only have to play about 67 games to make the 100k for level 6.

That isnt all that much, it just seems like it because it isnt quite as fun as shooting things.

and with all that said i am leveling medic alot faster than the zerker, because new players cant steal my heals like they do my kills.
Angry_Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #15
EpharGy

If anything i think it needs to be made tougher, well all perks should have a sub category, like welds/stalkers killed.

For medic possibly x amount of unique players healed.
EpharGy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor