Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Waves

Old 02-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
Dixede

Question Odd, Visual Glitch?

So as I'm playing my daily rounds of Waves having a jolly ole' time. I notice out of no where i die. And I try to continue anyway. And again it happens. So i try once more, as i shoot down the countless enemies i notice that some of the enemies the "Viruses" in particular, are flashing in and out of visibility. That's never happened before. Is it some update for the game? Or has my computer somehow just glitched the game? Its very difficult in survival mode to dodge or avoid an ever expanding Virus Wall when you can't see it, so if its an update I'm not very fond of it... But otherwise if its a glitch is there any way I'd be able to fix it? I miss being able to pick up and play waves whenever i had a free minute.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
Dixede

Unhappy Hellooooo?

any help or input or am i on my own here?
Dixede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #3
Swisle

It's not just you.

You're not alone I have the same problem with the viruses and it really puts me off playing the game. I've had no success in fixing the problem while messing with all of the video settings.
Even if it can't be fixed it would be nice if someone can explain why this happens to only a few people.
Swisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:09 AM   #4
schizoslayer

Squid In A Box Ltd
I've not heard of this issue before. Has it only recently started happening? Does this coincide with any other changes to your system you may have made such as a new graphics card or installing new graphics drivers?
schizoslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
PillowPenguins

I'm having this problem too. I downloaded the demo around when the game came out and I didn't have this problem, but I just bought it and I'm having this issue. Reinstall doesn't fix it and neither does messing around with the visual settings
PillowPenguins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #6
PillowPenguins

I had just convinced a few of my friends to buy the game too, but they don't seem to be having the problem so it's not exactly widespread
Old 07-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #7
PillowPenguins

Anybody know anything?
Old 01-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #8
Dixede

Arrow Update.

I posted this on another "waves" forum as well. But basically I tried to play waves again after several months and several driver updates later. Still has same issues with the Virus enemies disappearing.

Other Forum: http://steamcommunity.com/app/107600...3954661014998/

Another Poster with same issue: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2810920

This glitch started quite a while after I bought the game. So i did play the game for a month or two before the glitch reared it's ugly head. I hadn't even touched my graphics card driver to my knowledge before the glitch. And almost every driver update regarding graphics cards since then has been done in order to try to Fix THIS glitch. (the exception being a Direct X update for saints row 3. But that was during the 4 month hiatus from the messed up "Waves" anyway...)

I've tried screwing with resolution a bit, tried full screen and window mode, tried half res mode and not, etc etc etc.

Viruses still vanish in and out of visibility. Of course that doesn't make them less lethal. And actually just makes them a invisible expanding wall of doom and despair.

I tried contacting NVIDIA, but no luck.

If you need specs I posted them previously but can post them again. I just would like to be able to run this game properly again.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #9
Dixede

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizoslayer View Post
I've not heard of this issue before. Has it only recently started happening? Does this coincide with any other changes to your system you may have made such as a new graphics card or installing new graphics drivers?
No and no. No graphics card update, and no other changes. Been using the same exact driver and card throughout my whole time with playing Waves, worked fine at first and then magically one day the viruses start to vanish. Only thing that MAY have happened would be a steam/gameupdate which if i recall you said is not the case. I've tried re-downloading the game as well thinking "oh maybe the game has parts in the wrong folder or something" but that didn't work. I even tried (because of waves issue) updating all graphics drivers I had in order to fix the problem. But no, still the same issue pops up.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Waves