Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
ExiMaster

Exclamation Steam sync is falling apart...whats going on?

I got no connection to friends, my srcds is going crazy saying no connection to Steam servers repeatedly, no Valve/Steam related game with a Steam console in it will start(just says "Preparing to launch game..."/or with the ClientRegistery.blob file gone "This game is unavailable..."), and the Steam master server is out of sync displaying wrong information about the servers player info/count.

For Example: When you refresh servers on the master server and you see a server [cp_gravelpit 4/16 players], when you right click then view server info it says there's 7/16 players and it's listing 15 people in the scroll down names bar, 90% of all servers about I inspected display fake/out-of-sync information except servers in my LAN and Favorites bar.

Hope you fix this soon...
Old 12-14-2011, 02:09 PM   #2
JayceM

Steam's currently down for maintenance, which is mostly likely causing your problems. Check this thread for when it's back up, and re-test the issue again.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
ExiMaster

Exclamation

Are they updating the master server? Because the master server has been out of sync for the last 2 days, and its
p-i-s-s-i-n-g <----(Valve auto text word replace fail) me off since I don't want to spend 20 seconds looking at each server to get correct info rounded up. I like servers with 4 vs 4 and the fake information crap is not helping.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #4
JayceM

I couldn't really tell you with the master server list. That's probably a separate issue (or maybe not). I've experienced it before. One of my friends was reportedly still in the server I was in, and had left 30 minutes ago.

However, there are plugins where server owners can 'fake' their player numbers. This isn't really something Valve can fix (that I know of), but they can (and do) go after those server owners.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:34 PM   #5
ExiMaster

Exclamation

Well those are just cheap plugins some trade server owners use :P but that's not what i'm talking about this is fake info on almost EVERY server D: Now the steam master server cant list a single god damn server except the ones in my favorites and my srcds server.

VALVE Y U NO MAKE STABLE SERVERS?!?!
Old 12-14-2011, 02:37 PM   #6
JayceM

One thing you can try when maintenance is over (because otherwise it probably won't update anyway), is to delete your masterserver file in Program Files > Steam > config.

This will refresh that file and possibly fix your issue.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips