Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Island

Old 09-06-2011, 01:22 AM   #1
SnipersAngel

How do I register my DLC codes?

So I work at gamestop and thus pre-ordered Dead island there and not on steam.
I got the game installed and I have NO IDEA where the hell I go to enter in my DLC codes.
So if anyone knows what I have to do or where I have to go to register these darn codes, that would be lovely.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:24 AM   #2
player1160

since its a steamworks game, its safe to assume they activate using the Add A GAME button on the bottom left corner of the steam window. Then activate product on steam and enter your code.
player1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:28 AM   #3
YahooElite

The DLC doesnt come out until next month, or get UNLOCKED till next month.

I Dont think you need to enter a code, Steam will most likely release a file unlocking the DLC.

For RETAIL, it should be the same way, or something along those lines.
YahooElite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:34 AM   #4
SnipersAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by player1160 View Post
since its a steamworks game, its safe to assume they activate using the Add A GAME button on the bottom left corner of the steam window. Then activate product on steam and enter your code.

I have the game installed already, thus meaning the product code is activated. But nothing pops up saying, hey enter your DLC codes, which is what needs to happen. I need to know how/where I enter in the DLC codes.

Last edited by SnipersAngel: 09-06-2011 at 01:38 AM.
SnipersAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:36 AM   #5
FelisNoctu

Sniper, you and I are in the same boat. Also a Gamestop slave :P

For retail versions, there are two codes (which you already know). The first one is for the Ripper, which is supposed to be available right this moment. The second is for the Bloodbath Arena, available later on.

Entering either DLC code into Steam under "Games -> Activate a Product on Steam" (where you are supposed to use it) gives me the error screen "Product Already Owned", however if I go look in the DLC section for Dead Island, it's empty.

Safe to say? Might as well head to bed. Apparently PC people got a dev. copy or something of that sort, so we already know something's up. Gotta give Deep Silver and Steam some time to sort this junk out :P
FelisNoctu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:41 AM   #6
SnipersAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelisNoctu View Post
Sniper, you and I are in the same boat. Also a Gamestop slave :P

For retail versions, there are two codes (which you already know). The first one is for the Ripper, which is supposed to be available right this moment. The second is for the Bloodbath Arena, available later on.

Entering either DLC code into Steam under "Games -> Activate a Product on Steam" (where you are supposed to use it) gives me the error screen "Product Already Owned", however if I go look in the DLC section for Dead Island, it's empty.

Safe to say? Might as well head to bed. Apparently PC people got a dev. copy or something of that sort, so we already know something's up. Gotta give Deep Silver and Steam some time to sort this junk out :P
Well glad to know I"m not the only one not getting what is gong on. But yeah I tried exactly what you did figuring that is how I enter it in and, yeah get the whole it is owned nonsense. But yeah hopefully stuff gets sorted out soon.

Also is it crashing for you? According to my friends, the game is glitchy as right now and is crashing a lot or something like that. I tried to start it up and it crashed, but for me that is normal for my computer because the graphics card is dying on me.
This happening to you?
Old 09-06-2011, 01:45 AM   #7

You should just be able to click the "+ ADD A GAME" button at the bottom left of the main Steam window and put the Preorder code in there. That's what I had to do for the few Steamworks games like Brink that I purchased retail instead of online.
I had to activate both the Brink product CD Key and the Preorder Bonus key, each on their own through the "+ ADD A GAME" button.
Should've read all posts before I posted

It says "You currently have no downloadable content for this game" for me, too, even though the first thing I saw when I launched the game was something along the lines "Ripper DLC activated," and I got the blueprints for The Ripper on my character.
And I haven't run into a single crash yet, though I'm having to run the game on absolute lowest settings. I really wish I could turn Bloom off, I've never been a fan of it.

Though I bought the game digitally, I did so through another site, and they just gave me a single key which activated the game and both preorder DLCs. I'm sure it's far easier to do this with a digitally distributed key than a retail copy, but it's possible that there's a way of tracking which full-game keys were sent out with which preorder DLC keys.

Last edited by 90068: 09-06-2011 at 01:55 AM.
90068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:45 AM   #8
FelisNoctu

I haven't even tried loading it yet. My coworker just texted me back about the Noclip issue, he thinks it's hilarious. Doesn't sound like he's crashed yet though.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:47 AM   #9
gibbed

I'm guessing the keys are tied to activating a full copy of the game currently rather than specific DLC (either due to a mistake on Steam's end, or the GameStop retail copies got two Dead Island-activating keys).
gibbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:55 AM   #10
SnipersAngel

Hmm I see, I hope all works out.
Thanks so much everyone for the feed back it has been helpful. Hopefully if it isn't crashing for others maybe it was just a temp thing.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:56 AM   #11
FelisNoctu

Would be three full retail codes per box actually, Gibbed. Makes me think Steam issue more than anything. That's just epic XD
Old 09-06-2011, 02:58 AM   #12
Totalitator

When I first started the game a window popped up saying I had the Ripper, and it was listed as unlocked in Additional Content, as well as being in my inventory. Steam doesn't list it in my DLC tab or anything though. Are people getting unlock codes in retail packages with a code specific for the Ripper?
Totalitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #13
FelisNoctu

Gonna necro this. Lol, necro... zombies... *snrk*

Anyway, looks like the physical box retail Ripper code now works. If you type it in as described above it gives you the Ripper_2.0 in your DLC box for Dead Island.

Of course, everything's apparently still going to hell, but just saying! :P
Old 09-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #14
SnipersAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelisNoctu View Post
Gonna necro this. Lol, necro... zombies... *snrk*

Anyway, looks like the physical box retail Ripper code now works. If you type it in as described above it gives you the Ripper_2.0 in your DLC box for Dead Island.

Of course, everything's apparently still going to hell, but just saying! :P
Yeah I finally got it as well, decided to give it a try this morning and wallah. One problem solved, now to actually get this mother running at a better frame rate D:
Old 09-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #15
FelisNoctu

What's really weird is, according to both the specs on the box and the Can You Run It website, I should be running on the lowest settings possible. It defaulted me to the highest. Lolwut?

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Island