Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source

Old 07-09-2011, 03:01 AM   #1
Papapa98

Red face gameinfo.txt Launch Error

Hello, recently i purchased CSS and i have not been ale to get it running. I go into steam and i try to play CSS. when i click play its says im in game, when really it dosent launch, no matter how long i wait. When i went and found hl2.exe i ran as administrator and i found this error when i launch the game.

"Setup file 'gameinfo.txt' doesn't exist in subdirectory 'hl2' Check your -game parameter or VCONFIG setting."

Nothing on google or these forums have helped.

Cheers.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:41 PM   #2
Toasty Burger

Same thing is happening for all my source games (TF2, Garry's mod, and Counter Strike) except for L4D2 on my desktop, but they all run on my laptop. I even copied the TF2 folder plus the 3 TF2 steam app files to my desktop from my laptop and I still get the same error
Toasty Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #3
Toasty Burger

Uninstalled Steam completely and it worked, unfortunately I didn't realize that the uninstall would delete the entire Steam folder (noob status) and therefore did not backup my saves (Most of my games are multiplayer only though, so only lost a few save files). So Uninstall Steam but remember to backup your save files
Toasty Burger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source