Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source

Old 06-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #1
Gabriel Nunes

Source Multiplayer Dedicated Server

Hello,

Everytime I create a server in 'Multiplayer Source Dedicated Server' I have to reconfigure all 'Variables'. Like:

Time Limit, Win Limit, Map, Footsteps, etc.

how can I save this information permanently. I want start with the same information included everytime.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
satoon101

Set them in your server's autoexec.cfg or server.cfg and those values should be used.

Though, I highly recommend against using the Steam=>Tools server. More people have issues with it than just using the stand-alone HLDSUpdateTool server.

Satoon
satoon101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:14 PM   #3
Gabriel Nunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by satoon101 View Post
Set them in your server's autoexec.cfg or server.cfg and those values should be used.
And where do I found it?
Old 06-08-2011, 07:25 AM   #4
satoon101

You probably need to create them. They should be in your ../Steam/steamapps/<username>/source 2007 dedicated server/cstrike/cfg/ folder. Again, though, I highly recommend using the HLDSUpdateTool to create your server. If you do end up using the HLDSUpdateTool, those files would be in your server's ../orangebox/cstrike/cfg/ folder.

As a quick tutorial, this is how you would create the server with the HLDSUpdateTool:

Download the tool from here:
http://storefront.steampowered.com/d...updatetool.exe

Install it where you want it. Most people use something like c:/srcds/ as the directory.

Open your Command Prompt by right clicking on it and choosing "Run as administrator". Navigate the Command Prompt to the directory you chose. Type the following for CS:S :
Code:
hldsupdatetool -command update -game "Counter-Strike Source" -dir .
Make sure that period is at the end. You can also put the full path instead of the period:
Code:
hldsupdatetool -command update -game "Counter-Strike Source" -dir c:/srcds
That will install the Dedicated Server for CS:S.

Once that is finished, open your Window Explorer and navigate to the server's ../orangebox/ directory. Copy the srcds.exe file and paste a shortcut to the desktop. Right click the shortcut and select "Properties". Add the following to the end of the "Target" line:
Code:
 -console -game cstrike +map de_dust2
If you like the old GUI and don't want the console, you can remove the '-console' and '+map de_dust2'. If you want the console, you MUST set the map. You can obviously change the map name to whatever map you wish.

Satoon
satoon101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #5
Gabriel Nunes

Wow, that's very advanced to me. Thanks!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source