Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Revenge of the Titans

Old 03-22-2011, 06:08 AM   #1
princec

Puppy Games
Game won't start!

If you launch the game and then ... nothing happens, and you try again and it says "Revenge of the Titans was not shut down properly" etc. etc and still fails to start, what we have here is broken old video drivers!

Fortunately, Steam has a menu thingy that actually goes to find newer drivers for your video card! 99.999% of the time this just fixes the problem and the game will work fine. Please try this before contacting our support!

In the other 0.001% of cases, definitely contact us and we'll try and find out what's wrong.

Cas
Old 03-24-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
peyesin

Im the 0.0001% ...

I already actualized the drivers to the last ones (Through steam and directly into the nvidia page, i have a nvidia 8800 GT) and the game still doing the same thing, i launch it and nothing happens

I'll appreciate the help Tnks!
peyesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
lynx0484

My game won't start either

i have installed it and reinstalled it about 8 times still wont load it says same as the previous post. im running xp sp3 nvidia 8400gs 3 gig ram optiplex gx620 p4
Old 04-01-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
princec

Puppy Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx0484 View Post
i have installed it and reinstalled it about 8 times still wont load it says same as the previous post. im running xp sp3 nvidia 8400gs 3 gig ram optiplex gx620 p4
Interestingly peyesin got the Puppygames version of the game to run just fine. Does the Puppygames demo work for you too?

Cas
princec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:27 PM   #5
TarlSS

I am using an Intel GMA 945 Driver, on a Sony Vaio Laptop

I looked for new drivers, but none have been available since 2009. Also I looked in the err.log, the game doesn't even notice an error.

WHen I start up the game, I hear the music and the cursor blips, but nothing is displayed on the screen other than a white or black screen.

I tried downloading the puppy games demo version, and that doesn't work either.

I am using WIndows 7 64 bit
TarlSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #6
oldFox-64

I also have the same prblem. Sometimes the game launch good and sometimes not.

Spec: Ati HD4670 with the last driver, on Windows XP SP3.

Last edited by oldFox-64: 05-14-2011 at 12:40 PM.
oldFox-64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:29 AM   #7
Enetirnel

I started the game up, it seemed to be working perfectly fine until the video driver crashed each time I tried to enter in text, or it crashes at nearly twenty seconds each time I've uninstalled, reinstalled and tried to play it.

I tried it again, repeatedly and it seems that despite that the game will actually work, it crashes within seconds.

The crashes never provide any information in the error log.

After the crashes, when I try to restart the game - I get that error message and then the game will not actually start up until I try it a third time.

After it crashes the driver, the game's window/screen goes black despite that I can still hear all of the sounds and it also still takes keyboard input and the like half the time I've tried it.

Specs -

Vista 32-bit
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470, has the latest/last driver update. There are no further updates for this one.

I've also tried it on my newer laptop, that I can't recall the specs for at the moment and it still crashes.

[EDIT] Demo version doesn't work either. The demo version either gives the error message that the game didn't close properly and just vanishes without starting it up OR it starts up and the usual crash within a few seconds happens.

Honestly, rather disappointed that I can't get into it properly as I was excited to play it.

Last edited by Enetirnel: 05-23-2011 at 04:40 AM.
Enetirnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:36 AM   #8
princec

Puppy Games
Damn ATI and their crappy drivers :/ What version are they?

(also - there may be some logs in the actual Steam files location where Revenge itself is located - hotspot error logs which pinpoint native code crashes in the drivers and such)

Cas
Old 05-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #9
Enetirnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by princec View Post
Damn ATI and their crappy drivers :/ What version are they?

(also - there may be some logs in the actual Steam files location where Revenge itself is located - hotspot error logs which pinpoint native code crashes in the drivers and such)

Cas
It doesn't actually come up with the proper version for the driver, I know it should have the driver update from December 2010 but the only one it shows is the driver version 8.522.0.0 from July 31st 2008.

I know that's incorrect in terms of the driver version, as I had to manually update it to the 2010 update due to there being an issue with the installer for the update provided by ATI for it.

As for the logs within the Steam, I can't find any crash logs or really any logs. Only one for the Steam Overlay, but that seems to be all I can find regarding dumps and/or logs.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:23 AM   #10
princec

Puppy Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enetirnel View Post
It doesn't actually come up with the proper version for the driver, I know it should have the driver update from December 2010 but the only one it shows is the driver version 8.522.0.0 from July 31st 2008.

I know that's incorrect in terms of the driver version, as I had to manually update it to the 2010 update due to there being an issue with the installer for the update provided by ATI for it.

As for the logs within the Steam, I can't find any crash logs or really any logs. Only one for the Steam Overlay, but that seems to be all I can find regarding dumps and/or logs.
Hm, I think you really need to sort those drivers out properly.

Cas
Old 05-25-2011, 01:52 AM   #11
Enetirnel

Quote:
Hm, I think you really need to sort those drivers out properly.

Cas
I have, and it's actually on it's last update for my graphics card.

It's just that when going through the device manager, it won't actually list the driver whereas if I look in the actual drivers' it gives the correct updated driver date.

I've forced updates on it and have also rolled it back before to no avail and the customer service regarding updates for their own products combined with the service for my laptop's manufacturer haven't been helpful in trying to resolve any issues with the driver updates I did, nor were they capable of giving me the correct updates despite the fact that I did give them the specs for everything needed.

So, not exactly sure as to what else I can do considering this is the first issue I've had outside of previous faulty driver updates provided by ATI & Toshiba.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:35 AM   #12
princec

Puppy Games
I've got a feeling that regardless of what ATI's Catalyst software says the actual driver version you're using is the one that Windows says it's using in the Device Manager.

It might be the case that totally uninstalling all ATI Catalyst stuff leaving you with the bare VGA driver, and then installing whatever latest drivers you can get hold of, might be the way forward. It's possible the ATI drivers direct from AMD might work better than the Toshiba ones... then again maybe not.

Cas
Old 07-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #13
sosmad

Angry Neither version works.

Quote:
Interestingly peyesin got the Puppygames version of the game to run just fine. Does the Puppygames demo work for you too?

Cas
I downloaded the PuppyGames version (demo) and it crashes exactly the same way. It worked for a while, then when I tried to add the bonus code (get $5000 for subscribing to our newsletter) I've never been able to launch the game again.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #14
player1160

Hello, i was wondering if a solution to the crashing was found yet by anyone? The Version of the Humble Indie Bundle seems to work like a charm but the steam version does not get passed the create profile screen. Should i just play the non-steam version and forgot about the steam version?

im running the latest nvidia drivers. if it means anything.

Last edited by player1160: 08-10-2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: driver info.
player1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #15
Iyashii

Quote:
Originally Posted by player1160 View Post
Hello, i was wondering if a solution to the crashing was found yet by anyone? The Version of the Humble Indie Bundle seems to work like a charm but the steam version does not get passed the create profile screen. Should i just play the non-steam version and forgot about the steam version?

im running the latest nvidia drivers. if it means anything.
You can activate the Humble Indie Bundle on Steam, or is that the version you are talking about?
Iyashii is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Revenge of the Titans