Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas

Old 01-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #1
Vithigar

Multiple simultaneous logins

I have two systems that I use Steam on, and it's a minor annoyance that I need to re-authenticate every time I want to change what PC I'm using.
Allowing logins from multiple locations a la MSN/Google Talk/AIM would solve this issue. I wouldn't even mind a restriction that only one of those sessions could be running a game at a time.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #2
scotland372

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vithigar View Post
I have two systems that I use Steam on, and it's a minor annoyance that I need to re-authenticate every time I want to change what PC I'm using.
Allowing logins from multiple locations a la MSN/Google Talk/AIM would solve this issue. I wouldn't even mind a restriction that only one of those sessions could be running a game at a time.
Switch to offline mode on one of them?

It would be nice for multiple logins though, as long as you could only play on one machine at a time, I don't see how Valve could be against this.
scotland372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #3
darkmode

Multiple logins for multiple People which each has it's own save data/achievements/friends would be awesome.

Good thing I'm the only pc player in my house or gaming on pc would get hell of annoying.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:29 AM   #4
Turkinator

It would be nice, I have to log in at work and then at home every day.

I think Valve is unlikely to allow multiple logins, as they probably have a superstitious belief related to piracy.

I think Valve's success has come due to flexibility and convenience, they have done so well that they have become a little complacent and more conservative when it comes to innovation.

There are a lot of new competitors vying for the Steam market now, so maybe that pressure will cause them to be more proactive in improving the user experience and help them avoid stagnation.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #5
Gone'Postal

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vithigar View Post
You want to remove one of the clients security features because it's an annoyance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmode View Post
Multiple logins for multiple People which each has it's own save data/achievements/friends would be awesome.
1 account per person, Since account sharing is a no no on Valves rules for Steam, I'll assume this is what you mean, so yes, it's already here.
Gone'Postal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:52 AM   #6
Gaandar

Multiple logins to download only

The real time I'd like to login a second time is to download updates to my laptop while I'm playing on my desktop. My home internet is much faster than any other place I connect. I end up downloading and updating over-night. I'd rather be able to do it at the same time I'm playing.
Gaandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:34 AM   #7
Epsilon

Holy thread necro Batman! And you can login in multiple places now if you get into the in-home streaming beta. Join this group, and wait: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/homestream
Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas