Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam Community Discussion

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 07-27-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
Ξקטћהםλx

Steam won't let me add friends anymore

I don't know if it's possible to arrange that, but I have a copy of Portal (Legit of course) in my library. So that means i own a game. But why suddenly, I can't add anymore friends? Steam refuses to believe that I own a game but I do

It's frustrating, so I wonder, if there's a Steam developper around here who can help me?
Old 07-27-2010, 09:50 AM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
MikeBlaszczak

Valve
Without any details, it's impossible to help.
MikeBlaszczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:26 AM   #3
Ξקטћהםλx

my profile is here http://steamcommunity.com/id/The_Synergy
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:27541901

and the message i get is; Add friend

Some features of the Steam community become available once you have games in your Steam account.

the problems is, i have Portal (full version) on my account, and I still can't add anyone. It occured shortly after I got Zombie panic source.(which now doesn't run anymore, even though Portal is a Source based game). I could've added friends before the problem came. No one is involved in the problem, it just happened at once

Last edited by Ξקטћהםλx: 07-27-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Ξקטћהםλx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:43 AM   #4
Ganger

OP, did you buy Portal or get the free version. It seems you have all free games on your account and valve changed how friends work sometime ago. Its not possible for you to add friends now until you buy at least one game (to stop phishers making accounts just to steal accounts).

But you also own HL2 deathmatch, did you buy HL2D or was it a free download at anypoint. If you brought HL2D then what I said above doesn't matter in this case.
Ganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
Ξקטћהםλx

HL2DM was free, but Portal was the only game I bought. I had it way before the promotion back during easter i think.

Portal was bought. other than that one, i only have free games, as they're the ones i like the most.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:34 PM   #6
real4xor

Did you purchase trough steam? or from CD? if it`s from CD you have to input your product code in steam to confirm your account.

I guess it could be because the game`s currently free.
But that shouldn`t change your game status, if you have the purchased version, it should be listed as purchased.
real4xor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:41 PM   #7
Ξקטћהםλx

THrough Steam I got it. But what you said is right.

And it still won't let me add.

Oh well.I guess I'll have to live with it or buy another game
Old 07-28-2010, 11:59 PM   #8
Ganger

So if you purchased Portal then it should allow you to add other people. Your best contact support on this matter then.... make a ticket and ask why can't you add friends to my steam account and their should replie within a few days.

https://support.steampowered.com/

I noticed you have counter strike on your wish list, if you want this game so badly buy it now and prey that it allows you to add friends.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:08 AM   #9
Ξקטћהםλx

Thanks for the help Ganger, but i don't want to go to the trouble of creating a support account and then billing and then waiting for the anwser, ect.. I think I'll just buy CS at my game store. it's not expensive at all
Old 08-01-2010, 01:00 AM   #10
Ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ξקטћהםλx View Post
Thanks for the help Ganger, but i don't want to go to the trouble of creating a support account and then billing and then waiting for the anwser, ect.. I think I'll just buy CS at my game store. it's not expensive at all
CS:S is a must on any steam account. If you can see though the old graphics, gameplay is just pure fun. If you find a server with a good community and people you be hooked for ever..

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam Community Discussion