Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dark Souls

Old 12-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #16
adityadragon

I'm facing the same problem, I tried implementing all what was suggested and from the faq and still stuck with it not working

for me steam does install the latest version of GFWL ie 3.5.50 I still uninstalled it and downloaded the setup and installed the latest (ie the same) from the site. Still not working for me, just loads in windowed mode for a second or two and crashes with the executable stopped working prompt

Last edited by adityadragon: 12-17-2012 at 08:20 PM.
adityadragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #17
elpibepiola

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityadragon View Post
I'm facing the same problem, I tried implementing all what was suggested and from the faq and still stuck with it not working

for me steam does install the latest version of GFWL ie 3.5.50 I still uninstalled it and downloaded the setup and installed the latest (ie the same) from the site. Still not working for me, just loads in windowed mode for a second or two and crashes with the executable stopped working prompt
install the latest dx drivers, the lates net framework, reinstall gfwl running setup.exe as admin and executing the program as admin as well. run darksouls.exe as admin as well.

fixed it for me
elpibepiola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:39 AM   #18
Ficus

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dark_Souls#Windows_8
Ficus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #19
darkdk

I had to get the newest version of Games for Windows Live personally to solve it on Windows 8, but if that's not helping you then I'd suggest following the guide posted above me to try to fix your game OR following this one: Windows 8 Fix: Dark Souls - Crashing on StartUp

Anyway, good luck to you. PC's are a strange variety of a gaming machine that must generally be coerced into running the game. I suggest getting your PC drunk first so that it's more willing to participate.
darkdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:37 PM   #20
NiGHTSChao

I was in the EXACT same spot and none of the GFWL fixes worked.

I ended up finding out that the problem was with the latest update on the game and my version of DSFix (not 2.0 or 2.0.1).

Uninstall DSFix, verify the cache on Dark Souls (or reinstall), play the game. If it works, then reapply DSFix using the latest version.

People are saying this is a GFWL error, but for me it wasn't. I spent hours ****ing around with that thing and none of the fixes worked.
NiGHTSChao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:40 AM   #21
Powww

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Ravn View Post
Thanks for the tip, but it still doesn't work for me. Dark Souls boots up (windowed, oddly enough) to a black screen. The GFWL Guide appears and prompts me to insert the CD-Key, but the keyboard doesn't work at all. I can navigate the guide using my 360 gamepad. If I try to click anywhere with the cursor, the game stops responding and I have to close it with the Task Manager.
I have exactly this problem on my system Windows 7 64 bit.
After one hour messing around with GFWL (and now I absolutely hate it) it finally started. But now it always starts (windowed) and as I have to put the key in, to activate it, nothing works. The keyboard do nothing and if I try to click with my mouse, the window stop reacting and I can just kill the process.

I tried the solutions, but nothing of it resolved it. Is there anything I can still do?
My heart is bleeding to not be able to play this game.
Powww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:29 AM   #22
iamcreasy

For me I just uninstalled GFWL and downloaded it form their website. Fresh install and Dark souls was up and running.
iamcreasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:20 AM   #23
EuphoriA

Banned
I just uninstalled GFWL and downloaded a fresh installer from microsoft and it worked.
EuphoriA is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dark Souls