Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 09-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #16
jimrad1

Multiple categories no scroll option. For those of us with more than 10 categories you cant scroll to the bottom of your list. Currently my list is cut in half without the ability to scroll to the bottom of the listing. Without this ability I have to revert to the original interface.
jimrad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #17
SpaceBurak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rautapalli View Post
Crashes constantly with AMD card and Windows 8 combo, I can barely use it for longer than 10 seconds until it crashes.
Same here.
SpaceBurak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #18
cereal3

Quote:
Crashes constantly with AMD card and Windows 8 combo, I can barely use it for longer than 10 seconds until it crashes.
I'm not sure if I can classify this as a bug yet, as W8 isn't out yet/AMD driver support is very basic at this stage but if it is a recurring problem then it will go on the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by C45 View Post
Blah, was playing GTA 4 yesterday, installed big picture mode just a while ago, wanted to try GTA out with B.P.M., says I needed to install it, then says theres no space to install it (50gigs free), cant verify, cant delete. did the same thing with Mafia 2, and those are the only 2 I know about for sure 200+ games "installed".
So every time you try to start a game it asks you to install even though they are already installed on your normal steam client? If so could you test if this happens to all your games and if the games still work using the normal steam interface. A restart of steam might be a good idea while you are at it, cheers.

Last edited by cereal3: 09-10-2012 at 05:11 PM.
cereal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #19
GirlPower23

Categories are being cut off in the Library area if you've got to many Categories. You can't scroll to the ones that are being cut off.
GirlPower23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #20
seavord

they need to fix page scrolling aswell i have just managed to crash the browser yet i can still do everything else i cant press anything on the browser now and it refuses to load anything when you scroll on facebook it goes sofar then stops and you cant scroll on :S that needs to be fixed ..
seavord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #21
epmode

This thing is unusable for me until Valve provides support for x360ce or DirectInput controllers. So do that first, OK?
epmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #22
Fuzion88

Bugs:
-Going into BPM, chatting with friends, and then exiting BPM seems to make the avatars zoom in, some of my friends are so zoomed it's just 4 colored pixels
Screen as requested by cereal: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fhegoho65w...20-%20Copy.PNG , this is in the regular desktop version of friends list, the list/avatars in BPM are not affected. Friends names removed just because =p

Misc:
-With a large friends list it takes a little longer to find who I need/want, there is no filter/search function like the game library has.

-There is no way (that I've found at least) to change your status.

-Also forgot to mention, that whenever someone starts playing a game or messages you, it covers up the little steam button in the bottom right, minor though.

Everything else is fantastic so far.

Last edited by Fuzion88: 09-10-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Fuzion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #23
akinari42

Quote:
Same combo here. I tried running Steam in compatibly mode and with admin rights and it still crashed.
akinari42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #24
cereal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzion88 View Post
Bugs:
-Going into BPM, chatting with friends, and then exiting BPM seems to make the avatars zoom in, some of my friends are so zoomed it's just 4 colored pixels

Misc:
-With a large friends list it takes a little longer to find who I need/want, there is no filter/search function like the game library has.

-There is no way (that I've found at least) to change your status.

Everything else is fantastic so far.
Screenshots of the first problem you talked about would be great
cereal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #25
seavord

found another bug ..playing games in windowed mode will sometimes crash steam or go all crazy flickering
seavord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #26
inkBot

I was gonna try it out with a dual shock. 2 major problems with that.
First, as people have already pointed out, Big Picture doesn't recognize my controller.

Second, this is kind of tied into previously mentioned problem, why are some functions tied to a "home button" (presumably not changeable either) when the entire point of this was to support a multitude of gamepads and not every gamepad has home buttons? My dual shock 2 doesn't and the Logitech pad on the Big Picture page doesn't.
inkBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:17 PM   #27
Rautapalli

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal3 View Post
I'm not sure if I can classify this as a bug yet, as W8 isn't out yet/AMD driver support is very basic at this stage but if it is a recurring problem then it will go on the list
Actually there is a full WHQL'd driver package out already that is on par with the Windows 7 drivers, and Windows 8 has been available for a while now for developers and uni IT students. But I understand what you mean, let's see if more people have the same problem too.
Rautapalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #28
C45

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal3 View Post
So every time you try to start a game it asks you to install even though they are already installed on your normal steam client? If so could you test if this happens to all your games and if the games still work using the normal steam interface. A restart of steam might be a good idea while you are at it, cheers.
Tried restarting, Deleting ClientReg.blob, Also tried Deleted everything but steam.exe and steamapps folder. still no go. cant reinstall anything.

Heres the games that are doing it that I know I had installed.
Alan Wake, C&C Red Alert 3 + Uprising, Death Rally, Defense Grid, Doom 2, Dungeon Defenders, Farcry, GTA 4 + GTA 4 EFLC, Just Cause 2, Mafia 2, Mass Effect 2, Penny Arcade 3rd game, Prototype, Rayman Origins, Sleeping Dogs, Street Fighter 4, Splinter Cell Conviction, Trine 2, Tomb Raider Underworld, Unmechanical, Wolfenstien 3d, Spear of Destiny
C45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #29
SpaceBurak

Quote:
Actually there is a full WHQL'd driver package out already that is on par with the Windows 7 drivers, and Windows 8 has been available for a while now for developers and uni IT students. But I understand what you mean, let's see if more people have the same problem too.
That, plus everything that works on W7 also works on W8, at least out of the things I've tested so far, and that's quite a wide assortment.
SpaceBurak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #30
AeddGynvael

Quote:
Originally Posted by epmode View Post
This thing is unusable for me until Valve provides support for x360ce or DirectInput controllers. So do that first, OK?
Not sure if sarcastic stab at this request many other users have put forth, or genuine statement. If latter, I agree. If former, disregard my comment.
AeddGynvael is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas