Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source SDK General Discussion

Old 08-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
jkrevens

Question Props not appearing in SFM

The maps I've created in Source SDK are missing props when I go to see them in SFM. I have a couch, a coffee table, a round table, a chainsaw, an intercom and a wall panel with a pipe rooted into the wall, only the last two of which actually show up in the final product. Both of those are from 'TF2', as well as the chainsaw, while the other items are from 'HL2' and 'TF_movies'. I've copied those models folders from those games into the 'TF2' models folder, and they still won't show up. I was informed to compile them using GCFScape, but I don't know the first thing on how to use this.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. The only thing I need to create out of this are a couple of 2-3 second clips for a project I'm working on. Please respond ASAP to help. Thanks!
Old 08-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #2
gulliwog

Are you 100% sure that you got the paths right? Thats the most common error.

I havent used SFM for the moment, are the props put into the map using the correct entities? You don't have a phys prop as a static prop for example?

Check the model versions, they are changing source model formats at the momemt a bit, do all the models use the dx80.vtx and dx90.vtx?

GCFScape is not a compiler of any sorts. Its used for extracting and packing files, like a source version of WinRar.

You can decompile models using mdldecompiler and recompile them using studiomdl
gulliwog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
jkrevens

Everything copied from <C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\SourceFilmmaker\game\ hl2\models> and <C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\SourceFilmmaker\game\ tf_movies\models>...

...to <C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\SourceFilmmaker\game\ tf\models>. Still, I get the same thing. The model versions include the .vtx versions listed above.

I'll double check on the entities and make sure they're slated for proper usage. I'll also look at mdldecompiler and studiomdl for assistance. I was hoping to use .mdl files from 'L4D2', but the map I created in Authoring Tools won't even register in SFM...
jkrevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
jkrevens

Here's the desired look I'm hoping for:

However, this is what I end up getting:

Here's the pic of the props I currently use for the map:

As you can see, they can all be identifiable in the Source SDK. Also, I ensured that everything in the room was created as a prop_static, with the exception of the chainsaw, which is a prop_dynamic.

As for the compiling/decompiling tools you suggested, I've attempted to use them both, but neither seems to work in any way for me.

If it made it easier, could I send a copy of what I have created and have someone review it to make sure there isn't anything that I'm missing? This seems like a simple fix, but I can't identify the problem for the life of me...
Old 08-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #5
jkrevens

Alright, I've made significant adjustments to the map. I've cut out any part of the environment that wouldn't be seen within view of where I intend to film the scenes. Then I did my best to close out the whole map to eradicate any leaks. Now when I try to check the map, the chainsaw appears when it didn't before, so at least that's something. However, I'm still missing a couch and two tables. Can anyone identify what I'm doing wrong here?

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source SDK General Discussion