Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cladun X2

Old 08-15-2012, 09:53 PM   #76
OmegaRed60

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxAlchemyst View Post
I run windows 64 bit myself, but I've not only been struggling with flickering, but low framerate as well. While your solution worked to get rid of the flickering, my framerate inexplicably dived further downward. Whereas before I would average 15 fps in dungeons, and get up to normal 30fps in some of the town houses, I am now getting only 7-8 fps in the houses that used to run at 30. I didn't hesitate to spend the $16 dollars on this game, but I fear it will go to waste if I cannot improve my framerate. One can't really play a game that focuses on speed when it runs on molasses.

-edit- I must also add that an acquaintance of mine tried out the demo, and it ran smoothly and perfectly for him. The puzzling thing is that his computer is not only significantly less capable than mine, but it is also significantly below the minimum specifications. However, it runs on windows vista, so perhaps that could be a clue to why.
I'm running on Win 7 64bit Home Premium, Nvidia 330m, i5 460, 4GB Ram, and I have no frame dips or flicker.

Whatever is giving you guys that problem I doubt it's OS related. You may have some program conflicting with the game. What's the refresh rate of your monitor? Mine is 60Hz.
OmegaRed60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #77
OnyxAlchemyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaRed60 View Post
I'm running on Win 7 64bit Home Premium, Nvidia 330m, i5 460, 4GB Ram, and I have no frame dips or flicker.

Whatever is giving you guys that problem I doubt it's OS related. You may have some program conflicting with the game. What's the refresh rate of your monitor? Mine is 60Hz.
Mine is 60Hz as well. Although as I've added onto my last post, I believe my problem may stem from the v-sync being forced on, especially since my framerate seems to vary from area to area in the game.
I'm running on an Intel(R) HD Graphics card and Intel(R) Core i3 CPU 2.27GHz and 4GB ram.
OnyxAlchemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:31 AM   #78
Puddz

Having the same problems as people have said.
Game runs at 15fps in window mode, 30fps in full screen but flicker galore. Hope there's a patch or fix soon as I loved the first game on the PSP, and was loving the 2nd one but my PSP died

Edit: Using ATI control center, I forced vysnc off and it seems to have fixed the problems. Runs at 30fps in window and fullscrene, and flickering has gone.

Last edited by Puddz: 08-16-2012 at 02:55 AM.
Puddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:03 AM   #79
halororor

Wow, PSP version is even more expensive than the PC version. I'm still interested in buying it, but is it really worth the R200 (more or less $25-$30)?
halororor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #80
OnyxAlchemyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddz View Post
Having the same problems as people have said.
Game runs at 15fps in window mode, 30fps in full screen but flicker galore. Hope there's a patch or fix soon as I loved the first game on the PSP, and was loving the 2nd one but my PSP died

Edit: Using ATI control center, I forced vysnc off and it seems to have fixed the problems. Runs at 30fps in window and fullscrene, and flickering has gone.
I've looked at the Intel control panel, and discovered that intel has removed the ability to simply force off v-sync. This is rather frustrating.

If anyone discovers a launch option to force vsync off, it would make me very happy.

Last edited by OnyxAlchemyst: 08-16-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #81
OmegaRed60

Quote:
Originally Posted by halororor View Post
Wow, PSP version is even more expensive than the PC version. I'm still interested in buying it, but is it really worth the R200 (more or less $25-$30)?
It's a game with A LOT of content. It goes on for quite a bit and I doubt many just finish it in a few weeks. I have it on PSP and I only play it for a few days then give it a break and come back. It will take a while to actually be completely done with it.
OmegaRed60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #82
radicalnetwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by halororor View Post
If a game is worth a determinate price is always a totally subjective matter, i don't know your parameters so i can't say if it is.
As an example, to me no game is worth 50/60 € yet there's a lot of people who still happily spend that money for a game just released.
Personally i love this kind of games and i generally prefer 2D old school games to modern looking games, i usually buy my games when they're in the 5/10 € range but since Cladun x2 has really a lot of content i decided to spend a little more this time.
It all goes down to how much you like japanese rpgs and action rpgs in particular, if you like them much i think you'll be happy with the purchase.

Last edited by radicalnetwork: 08-16-2012 at 10:01 AM.
radicalnetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #83
halororor

Yeah, I also usually wait for games to hit more or less the $10 mark before I buy, especially these kind of indie games. For me to shell out close to $30 on this type of game it would either have to be exceptionally good or be something I can play for months after purchase.

Seeing as you guys say it can keep me busy for so long, I think I'm going to take the plunge and grab it. I always need something to keep me busy between classes at university and this should do the trick nicely. Thanks!
halororor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #84
SpaceApple

For anyone who cares:
It's pretty much running in an emulator. You can't even type your name with the keyboard, you have to use WASD to select or your mouse to click the letters on the screen.
It's capped at 30FPS and locked into a 16:9 aspect ratio. It's unplayable in full screen on a 4:3 monitor. Using something like Sizer to resize the screen will disable mouse controls and cause graphical glitches.

Pretty much anything that could be done wrong in a port was done wrong.
SpaceApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #85
cr7camiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceApple View Post
For anyone who cares:
It's pretty much running in an emulator. You can't even type your name with the keyboard, you have to use WASD to select or your mouse to click the letters on the screen.
It's capped at 30FPS and locked into a 16:9 aspect ratio. It's unplayable in full screen on a 4:3 monitor. Using something like Sizer to resize the screen will disable mouse controls and cause graphical glitches.

Pretty much anything that could be done wrong in a port was done wrong.
Then its base price should definitely drop to $5.
cr7camiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #86
Dustrega

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr7camiao View Post
Then its base price should definitely drop to $5.
Congratulations, you make no sense.
Dustrega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #87
Dustrega

Quote:
I run windows 64 bit myself, but I've not only been struggling with flickering, but low framerate as well. While your solution worked to get rid of the flickering, my framerate inexplicably dived further downward. Whereas before I would average 15 fps in dungeons, and get up to normal 30fps in some of the town houses, I am now getting only 7-8 fps in the houses that used to run at 30. I didn't hesitate to spend the $16 dollars on this game, but I fear it will go to waste if I cannot improve my framerate. One can't really play a game that focuses on speed when it runs on molasses.

-edit- I must also add that an acquaintance of mine tried out the demo, and it ran smoothly and perfectly for him. The puzzling thing is that his computer is not only significantly less capable than mine, but it is also significantly below the minimum specifications. However, it runs on windows vista, so perhaps that could be a clue to why.

-edit2- I've been playing around with the compatibility settings, and so far, any new compatibility setting significantly reduces my framerate. My fastest result is from simply playing with no compatibility options enabled. But paying more attention to the game's settings, I notice that v-sync is set to "on" and is greyed out, and I cannot change it. So getting a way to force the game to run without v-sync may help my framerate.
The same thing has happened with my multicore laptop as well and I too have an Intel integrated graphics chipset and am basically getting the same results as you described (V-Sync issue as well). I'm looking into what can be done.

[EDIT]: In the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel what is the driver version?

Last edited by Dustrega: 08-16-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #88
OnyxAlchemyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustrega View Post
The same thing has happened with my multicore laptop as well and I too have an Intel integrated graphics chipset and am basically getting the same results as you described (V-Sync issue as well). I'm looking into what can be done.

[EDIT]: In the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel what is the driver version?
My driver version is 8.15.10.2302.

Glad to know I'm not the only one in this case.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #89
Dustrega

Quote:
My driver version is 8.15.10.2302.

Glad to know I'm not the only one in this case.
After Googling my off for a couple hours I find that my laptop is unable to update its drivers (v8.15.10.2189) because of some OEM restriction with Toshiba. Currently, I don't have another solution, but I will continue looking.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #90
Dragonoxforce

here's a question.
the FPS counter is there a way to turn it off or does it show during everything?
Dragonoxforce is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cladun X2