Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #91
Jedra

Quote:
Originally Posted by chest_rockwell View Post
ok heres a theory put your tin foils on
what if steam just bought all those amazon keys and gonna sell for 20$ tomorrow^'+%&/
More likely they just ran out of keys!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:23 AM   #92
ChronicNinjitis

on sale on amazon.com for 15$, arma2 + OA for another 9 days i think
Old 05-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #93
HomerPepsi

I paid full price for all my ARMA games/expansion/DLC's. Glad I did. It's worth paying full price for the Developer that BI is (excellent community involvement, ongoing support, actually listening to feedback, etc...).

OP: Don't be cheap. When you buy ARMA, your buying a combat environment meaning that you as the end user has access to development options and capabilities not close to achievable with other engines. If it wasn't for BI understanding the PC gaming community's need for tweaking and modding, we wouldn't have access to the development capability we do. If you are a pure end user, you may not see the value in this statement, but if your buying ARMA for DayZ, your proving this statement true.

PAY FULL PRICE. ITS WORTH IT.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #94
fabiovtec

i want to play dayz so bad, but the game arma 2 in steam is very expensive 25€ and i only have 20€ to spend.
I hope steam put a promotion of 20% or more to more people like me buy this game..
Old 05-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #95
Rogersdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morosi View Post
Gah why did the anniversary edition have to drop in price today. it's £23.99 instead of £39.99. Combined operations was £24.99, which I only got last night. That's just rotten luck.... oh well.
If you own Combined Ops on steam then you get a 40% discount on Arma X. That is what you are seeing. It's still £39.99 for everyone else
Old 05-25-2012, 01:47 AM   #96
eXoSolid

this thread convinced me to buy Arma 2 CO.................
Old 05-25-2012, 02:24 AM   #97
Intrinsic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronicNinjitis View Post
on sale on amazon.com for 15$, arma2 + OA for another 9 days i think
Not anymore it seems, checked on it this morning and it says it's unavailable for some reason.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:22 AM   #98
Geoffery Dark

Banned
Steam SHOULD drop the price because everywhere else, Combined Operations is only $20 when not on sale. Meaning it's $10 cheaper everywhere but Steam.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #99
halobolola

seeing how all i wana do is play day z, and not sure if i would like it, £15 is far too much.

Im not being cheep, i am thinking about getting arma 3
Old 05-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #100
chest_rockwell

you have all the rights to demand thats not being cheap. I had few comments earlier on this thread I basicly judged the game with its steam free-version textures or being not so much enjoyable (being a sim game) on and on.. basicly I was expressing my thoughts about 30$ price.
Before buying it we tried rock-paper-shotgun's free server for arma II with friends. at first, game seemed bugged to us. Then next day we gave it another shot. after few days we all decided to buy this game only for its domination (almost all armaII free servers run this) gameplay. not the dayz mod.
Now I must admit this game shines and deserves all your money to every cent. it has epic mod support and incredible teamplay feeling. arma is shining star of fps pc gaming with mods, great community, very good overall support..there are too many to mention.
I didnt buy BF3 as a big fan of bc2 not bcoz of its price or anything simply one thing: games direction after origin thing. But I always wanted to play bf3 and a little "should I?" just kept bugging me until playing arma. I hope this post gives some insight who interested buying this game
Old 05-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #101
Angus Kart

Despite the title of this thread, I dont think most expect an actual price drop but would appreciate a good sale.

Prices like what were offered on Amazon but with Steam's actual working downloads would be nice.

From claims made by Gabe Newell, large percentage sale prices can increase sales far beyond the actual markdown. ie, 1/4 price steam sales resulting in FORTY times the actual sales and not affecting future sales.
A large markdown for a short period will grab a lot more impulse buyers that would NEVER buy it at full price or even half off.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #102
kara_bulut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio27 View Post
Yes
anyone who buys a full game (for full price) for a mod is an idiot no matter the mod and therefore the game should go on sale so these idiots can be laughed at for their eagerness (I bought on Gamersgate 2 years ago before anyone moans at me)
That and mod is getting moved to Day Z when Arma 3 comes out I hear
DOTA, Team Fortress, Counter Strike they were all mods and people bought their respective games just to play those mods.

Now they are all stand alone products.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #103
Noidis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kara_bulut View Post
DOTA, Team Fortress, Counter Strike they were all mods and people bought their respective games just to play those mods.

Now they are all stand alone products.

QFT!!!! Seriously to claim a game isn't worth buying for the mods is just ignorant.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #104
fabiovtec

i just hope that the price drop 5$ or someting to buy this game
Old 05-28-2012, 05:55 AM   #105
Bruxy

Thumbs down Wah, wah, I'm cheap and want freebies. Wah.

I have to admit I never really used the Steam forums much until the last few weeks, and it seems every time I log I find more and more stupid threads - and I'm not even looking in the TF2 forum.

Fact is, if you can't afford something you suck it up and work harder until you can. I can't afford the brand new M3 I've wanted since I was 15, but I don't go whining to BMW that their cars are too expensive.

All these armchair economists need to get a grip; they're adamant that a sale will boost BI profits and isn't solely because they're too cheap to fork out the equivalent of one night on the lash for a game they think they're entitled to play. The world does not owe you a thing.

And for the record, the ARMA series is most definitely not a free spin-off of BI's mil-sims, it is not a company perk that they funded from tax-payers' cash. The mil-sim software is only just moving to ARMA2 technology, and always has been a number of years behind the ARMA releases as they develop the RV engine to something capable of running VBS. At risk of moving into the realms of personal attacks, chest_rockwell, I have to say that you are a cheap, childish muppet of the first water.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series