Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series

Old 05-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #31
Zefar

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by H E X E N View Post
I'm really wondering when the mods here will figure out the OP is a complete troll. He has not responded to any of you and these types of flamebait threads are his forte.

Whine 1

Whine 2

Whine 3

Whine 4

Here's 1 out of 2 threads he made about BF3 needing more weapon spread.

This game needs 3X more weapon spread

And here he is whining when he gets his wish.

Suppression and Sniping

Seriously people, stop feeding.
If he's trying to troll people he's failing at it. Because none of the users here seems to be agitated by his topics and none of them are in full flame war. People are then actually discussing the topic and behaves.

He's also allowed to post his opinions about the game too.

People reply to these threads because there is little activity here.

You could turn it around and just laugh at him because he keeps making threads about a game he hates so much.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #32
warmaster670

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefar View Post

You could turn it around and just laugh at him because he keeps making threads about a game he hates so much.
This, its always funny when people constantly sit in a forum for a game they supposedly hate, but you know they secretly love or they wouldnt be stalking a forum dedicated to it.
warmaster670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:58 PM   #33
flarp

honestly i have only played the B2K maps like 3 times. no one plays them anymore...
flarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:10 AM   #34
Dendari

Quote:
Originally Posted by flarp View Post
honestly i have only played the B2K maps like 3 times. no one plays them anymore...
Dendari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:24 AM   #35
Bulletooth

Quote:
if you're trolling, you're pretty bad at it.
Bulletooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #36
A-spase

i better upgrade my rig before i buy any game again. cause bf3 i get in Christmas time. just now able to play b2k and other maps.anyway to get other map i seriously doubt i can play.changing resolutions for every second server,cause guns disappears. its too difficult.
A-spase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #37
cylon

Quote:
The 63 other people I was just with in Gulf of Oman would like a word. Also the people in Sharqui too!
cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #38
Derlict

Quote:
That's cause yer playin' on 24/7 Metro severs.
Derlict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #39
flarp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletooth View Post
if you're trolling, you're pretty bad at it.
im not trolling. I bought the game back in novemeber but i just recently got a pc that can handle it(last week).

I filter for US/Canada Servers near the west coast. I havent played beyond a few rounds of Oman and one round of Karkand. In fact i havent played several of the stock maps either because they never (or rarely) show up on rotation; i've never played Damvand Peak or Tehran Highway.

I guess people do play the maps, but just no where near me. Wow what a hostile community...
Old 05-14-2012, 12:27 AM   #40
KwisatzHaderach

Well, have you tried filtering for B2K maps only?
Thereīs still a good amount of servers for B2K maps, although my fav servers have changed their cycles away from B2K maps and added more vanilla maps recently.
Also the server browser is still broken as I get very different results after I refresh after a few seconds with the same filters (full 64 servers donīt even show up anymore).

Some maps like Damavand are horrible Conquest maps but great for Rush. So if you want to see more of those maps play some Rush even if there is something missing in that mode, itīs just not fun. Itīs still worth giving it a try. I own the game since release but only recently played Teheran Highway Rush for the first time. Was a neat experience...
KwisatzHaderach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:25 AM   #41
anelaidlives

the B2K maps were fun but had some major balancing issues, wake island is the worst offender of this.

I'm more upset that BC2 used destruction to a greater extent than BF3, even though the latter has a more advanced destruction engine!

Dice also bullted about a lot of features that would be in BF3, including the destruction, PC first (maintaining it well after it was changed into a console-first title), and so on. Trying to defend DICE by saying "nuh-uh it was EA" is just weak at this point.

The new suppression mechanic is awful, and EA only plans further breaches into the rights of consumers, so I won't support dice or EA on the matter, and will instead spend my money (or bandwith) on other games.
anelaidlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:58 AM   #42
taodemon

The only really bad balance issues in b2k involve the flanker vs f35 matchup. The rest really isn't that bad.
taodemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:34 AM   #43
KwisatzHaderach

Quote:
Originally Posted by taodemon View Post
The only really bad balance issues in b2k involve the flanker vs f35 matchup. The rest really isn't that bad.
mhhh. I donīt know.
For example Sharqi: I never understood why the Russians get two MBT and a LAV + an attack chopper. The US get a MBT + attack chopper. As soon as G is captured (which happens really fast if the teams arenīt balanced) the US get nothing at all. Holding all objectives at the start is not that big of an advantage as you can never hold them all (except maybe everyone would be on TS) for longer than a minute or so.

I always consider armour to be the key to dominating a match. The B2K maps have very interessting layouts considering the placement of tanks and the like, which can be very enjoyable when the teams know what they are doing and donīt just blindly attack the next best ojective but the strategically most important one. Unfortunately this is seldom the case and thus the B2K maps easily end up in one team the other.

The vanilla maps are usually more balanced because the vehicles mainly spawn at base and one team canīt get into possession of all the armour.
KwisatzHaderach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:52 AM   #44
Bulletooth

Quote:
im not trolling. I bought the game back in novemeber but i just recently got a pc that can handle it(last week).

I filter for US/Canada Servers near the west coast. I havent played beyond a few rounds of Oman and one round of Karkand. In fact i havent played several of the stock maps either because they never (or rarely) show up on rotation; i've never played Damvand Peak or Tehran Highway.

I guess people do play the maps, but just no where near me. Wow what a hostile community...
my apologies then. it's the internet, you never know if the person is serious about their statement or not

either way, I feel bad for you then because EU servers love B2K
Bulletooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #45
flarp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletooth View Post
my apologies then. it's the internet, you never know if the person is serious about their statement or not

either way, I feel bad for you then because EU servers love B2K
its okay i understand lol

i do wish there were more people playing karkand near me. i played it once and it was one of the best Urban Combat experiences i've ever had...

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series