Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 05-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
spacelike

"Current Game" players list not showing all players

The title is just one problem. There are several little bugs I have but I'm sure they are all related to the same cause.

The whole steam overlay and community system in steam just seems extremely slow and unresponsive.

1) From the overlay if I click view players the lists are just completely inaccurate. Especially the "current game" tab, it never actually shows the all the players in my current game. Even if I've been in that server for an hour or so it might be empty, it might only have 2 players in it, or it might show players from previous games, but it is NEVER accurate.

2) The browser/community/store/news window are all extremely slow to load.
I usually never see the news because if I wanted to see those adds I'd have to wait for like 2 mins for them to load, I just see the window with nothing in it for a very long time before it finally displays.
Same thing with the in-game browser.

3) I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug or not but it seems that in the scoreboards the vast majority of players have no avatar (displayed as a question mark) I'll on average see maybe 5 players with an actual image in a server with 32 players, that doesn't seem right to me.
I'm not sure if that's just because none of them have uploaded one,
but it seems to me that it's related to these other problems and steam just isn't loading the image properly.

What do you guys think? Anyone else having these problems?
Any solutions?

I would also be very interested in hearing from people who DON'T have this problem. otherwise I might wonder if this is just normal.
I find it hard to believe that especially #1 is normal, since they've had that player list feature in steam for YEARS now, I'm sure it can't just be that inherently buggy after all this time. It must be something with my computer.

Thanks.

Last edited by spacelike: 05-02-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #2
spacelike

31 views and not one person can just state if they experience the same things or not?

It would be very helpful.
spacelike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
Hellstrong

whats your current game?
Hellstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:51 PM   #4
spacelike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellstrong View Post
whats your current game?
I'm noticing this in CSS and TF2 currently.

Although I think I remember problem #1 also being present in CS 1.6
Old 05-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #5
spacelike

nobody owns those games and can just take 2 seconds to say if they have the same thing?
Old 06-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #6
deve1231

" From the overlay if I click view players the lists are just completely inaccurate. Especially the "current game" tab, it never actually shows the all the players in my current game. Even if I've been in that server for an hour or so it might be empty, it might only have 2 players in it, or it might show players from previous games, but it is NEVER accurate." Same problem here. It will only show like 3-4 player out of 24. It really sucks.
deve1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #7
scoped_shotgun

2 things:

1: Wait for a bit, I've had 131 views and 0 replies.

2: Same here. TF2, CS:S and MW3, My guess is a player cap of some sort is on the view players tab.
scoped_shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #8
D1G1TALD3ATH

I have the exact same things happening and they have been happening for years... really no fix for this?
D1G1TALD3ATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #9
leetmurdoc

bumpity, no one? this has been happening since atleast 2010 when i was doing l4d2 and now still on tf2....
leetmurdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #10
CaptainJG

Yeah, all the time I'm playing on a TF2 server and want to friend someone, so I go to the "players met" (or whatever) then to "current game" (or recent games) and hardly anyone shows up…

:v
CaptainJG is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips