Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Trackmania series

Old 02-03-2012, 06:19 PM   #1
goformickey

Which Trackmania game should I get?

Should I get Trackmania 2 or Trackmania United Forever?
Or something else I haven't heard of?

This will be my first Trackmania. I'm not looking to be super competitive, I just want the funniest, and one with the most active community.

Also, I want to try a new cheap game. Anything really, just something I'll get a fair bit of play out of and lots of replayability. I'm looking at Dustforce or Pineapple Smash Crew.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
SystemCP

While I have not played TM2, I read and watched a lot of videos and it looks good. I played TMUF and enjoyed it quite a bit. For me the real deal breaker is that TMUF is available on Steam while the new release of TM2 is only available on the developer website. Once it hits the Steam store I will be picking up, assuming it does. They both have re-playability, as the game focuses around you beating your time along with that of others on a continuous basis. The modding community is big, so there is always new content.
SystemCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
Storm360

I believe Steam has a free Trackmania game if you wanna try out the series before you buy
Storm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #4
ericL

TM:U is great fun! you can get hundreds of hours with it.

TM2 i really have no clue. They never released it on steam for some reason, so i heard not that many people played it (compared to TMU)

TM2 looks fun though, if they release it on steam i will buy it asap.
ericL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #5
Red_Lizard2

I haven't tried out TM2 yet either, though I own TMUF and have liked it quite a bit (never did online though).

With TMUF, you can download nations for free first for an idea on what it is like. It doesn't have all the race types, you can't share tracks, and I don't think you can share cars either, but I think that is the main limitations. Don't quote me on that though (there should be somewhere that will list the differences).
Red_Lizard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #6
goformickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Lizard2 View Post
I haven't tried out TM2 yet either, though I own TMUF and have liked it quite a bit (never did online though).

With TMUF, you can download nations for free first for an idea on what it is like. It doesn't have all the race types, you can't share tracks, and I don't think you can share cars either, but I think that is the main limitations. Don't quote me on that though (there should be somewhere that will list the differences).
Yeah for the last 2 days I've been playing the free one and decided I wanted to get the full version, just wasn't sure which to get. The fact Canyon isn't on steam really is a deal breaker, but i'd get it over UF if it was a noticeably better game. That said, Canyon seems a little bland, and same old same old.
goformickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #7
StreetFighter

Banned
TMUF then. It has more modes than just canyon.
StreetFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:45 PM   #8
HANOI

I'm playing both. If u want more different things and a higher player base go for the one on steam (Trackmania United Forever).

Trackmania 2:Canyon is great too, but u have to like drifting, else u wont enjoy it very long. It has only 1 environment at this time (Canyon), as others will be released every few month for money.

Play Trackmania 1 add a high portion of drifting to it and u got Trackmania 2. Trackmania 2 also feels more "real" due to some changes on the car driving simulation.

In the long part, Trackmania 2 will get update's and new environment's, maybe a steam version at any time too, where the first trackmania wont get anything, except some sort of basic support (accounts and stuff).

Nadeo just handed out TrackMania² Canyon 3-Day Pass's for people who owns the game, u can always ask friends who playing it for a "demo" ^^
HANOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:49 PM   #9
GeratNutir

Banned
Canyon is a rip-off.

It's price for ONE ENVIRONMENT?

United may not look AS fancy, but it still has great graphics and 7 environments instead of one.
GeratNutir is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Trackmania series