Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tobe’s Vertical Adventure

Old 10-21-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
elfoisieus

Unhappy Demo crashes on startup

I'm sorry to make 'yet another error thread', but I couldn't find my issue (or the solution) on the forums.

I start the demo, the screen resizes, I get the neat Secret Base logo, some music comes on, I get pumped for some exciting vertical-type adventures, I hit 'J' through the splash screen and the key explanation window, and the game crashes with the following error:
"System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException : Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Unrecognized configuration section system.serviceModel. (c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Con fig\machine.config line 146)"

It goes on for quite a few more lines. I'd link a picture of the error box but I have the internet savvy of a moldy potato and don't know how. But if it's a .NET framework issue you might know the fix without appending the entire message?

I tried adding the -window parameter and it just made the game crash sooner (before the logo) with the same error message. The -disabledashboard parameter made no difference either way.

I'd appreciate any fixes or suggestions of what to try. Thanks in advance~

Old 10-24-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
elfoisieus

The issue was indeed in the .NET framework. Seems this error isn't unique to Tobe; it hits in all sorts of applications that employ .NET. I reinstalled all versions of .NET and then reinstalled everything up to 3.5 SP 1. Game works perfectly now.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
Secret Base

Secret Base
Hey Elfoisieus, glad it worked. Enjoy the game!
Secret Base is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tobe’s Vertical Adventure