Old 04-24-2011, 09:09 AM   #451
crunchyfrog555

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsoez View Post
ive tried different cards
different accounts

still not working
And you've read the thread and tried the tips?
crunchyfrog555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:54 PM   #452
skullcap

So I recieved a message from steam support just awhile ago, they have told me Paypal declined the purchase and directed me to the help page of Paypal to deal with Paypal system as they put it.

So I'm alittle confused what I do at this point, I've got a email confirmed the transacation was successful, steam saying the purchase was declined, if I use the resolution centre, paypal is just going to say its went through since its saying successful and Steam is going to say it was declined and we'll go back and forth while they figure out where my money has gone to..

Just alittle offput by the response :-/
skullcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #453
notsoez

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyfrog555 View Post
And you've read the thread and tried the tips?
yes

might be blocked tho

support slow

we'll see
notsoez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:48 PM   #454
CenturyChild

Im having a simliar issue.
"error initializing your transaction"

Mines a bit odd however. AS I have funds added to my Wallet.
Steam shows its available in the wallet.
The transaction is recorded in the Store Transaction section of my account as Wallet funds added. (it doesnt say if denied, or succesful just that there was a transaction. Im assuming this means OK on that end as well?)

I also recieved the email that says TY for your purchase. The fund are imediatly availavble from your wallet.

But if I attempt to use them, I get the error.

Ive tried clearing everything out of the steam folder except .exe asnd apps folder. No help.

Cleaned all cookies, and tried to purchase from the web browser. No help there either.

Also tried resetting my router and IP. Still no go.

Been this way fopr 7hrs now

Im not sure what else to try but have Sent in a ticket.

Just wierd it shows its there, but not letting me use it.

Last edited by CenturyChild: 04-24-2011 at 06:17 PM.
CenturyChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:01 PM   #455
crunchyfrog555

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenturyChild View Post
Im having a simliar issue.
"error initializing your transaction"

Mines a bit odd however. AS I have funds added to my Wallet.
Steam shows its available in the wallet.
The transaction is recorded in the Store Transaction section of my account as Wallet funds added. (it doesnt say if denied, or succesful just that there was a transaction. Im assuming this means OK on that end as well?)

I also recieved the email that says TY for your purchase. The fund are imediatly availavble from your wallet.

But if I attempt to use them, I get the error.

Ive tried clearing everything out of the steam folder except .exe asnd apps folder. No help.

Cleaned all cookies, and tried to purchase from the web browser. No help there either.

Also tried resetting my router and IP. Still no go.

Been this way fopr 7hrs now

Im not sure what else to try but have Sent in a ticket.

Just wierd it shows its there, but not letting me use it.
Have you also tried doing the purchase through a browser, instead of the Steam interface. That can sometimes help in these circumstances.

Other than that, I don't know what to say, as it certainly sounds you've tried everything else. Support, in any case, I'm sure will (eventually) help you.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #456
crunchyfrog555

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcap View Post
So I recieved a message from steam support just awhile ago, they have told me Paypal declined the purchase and directed me to the help page of Paypal to deal with Paypal system as they put it.

So I'm alittle confused what I do at this point, I've got a email confirmed the transacation was successful, steam saying the purchase was declined, if I use the resolution centre, paypal is just going to say its went through since its saying successful and Steam is going to say it was declined and we'll go back and forth while they figure out where my money has gone to..

Just alittle offput by the response :-/
What I'd do is push the onus back on Paypal. This is absolutely atypical of their behaviour when problems arise - they either try to brush it under the carpet or pass the buck.

So, get all data (screenshots, emails, etc) of the failed transaction and send it to them. Give them, say, 5 working days to correct the issue and get the funds back into your bank account or you'll be contacting Trading Standards. Plus, any time after that period (the 5 working days) the money isn't in your possession, you'll be charging the standard rate of interest, applicable for every day they fail to return it.

I'd also insist that they escalate the matter to a superior too, as it's clearly the operator you dealt with isn't interested.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:41 AM   #457
hsynoztrk

same here
hsynoztrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:44 AM   #458
crunchyfrog555

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsynoztrk View Post
same here
Yet again, I reiterate, I'd love to help, but that's no information to go on.

Have you tried the tips? What have you tried? What state are you at?

PLEASE, EVERYBODY READ:
I intend absolutely no offence here, but I want to help. Just posting "same here", or similar is not telling me anything to be able to help you.

So, please, help yourself a little by firstly, reading at least the last few pages of the thread, and provide what you've tried, and the details.

Last edited by crunchyfrog555: 04-30-2011 at 05:47 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #459
stationaryfan

Attempted to buy the MB:Complete pack off Steam using both a debit card and paypal. Declined error for the debit (it most definitely is not) and authorization failure on the Paypal. Sigh.
stationaryfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #460
crunchyfrog555

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by stationaryfan View Post
Attempted to buy the MB:Complete pack off Steam using both a debit card and paypal. Declined error for the debit (it most definitely is not) and authorization failure on the Paypal. Sigh.
That sounds fairly typical. The "declined" message is deliberately vague (it doesn't mean your card's bad or there's not enough funds necessarily), so I'd bet it's a timeout on the handshake.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:26 AM   #461
stationaryfan

Hm, well thanks for the diagnosis. I suppose here's to hoping that this timeout passes before the weekend deal does.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:24 AM   #462
crunchyfrog555

Banned
Quote:
Hm, well thanks for the diagnosis. I suppose here's to hoping that this timeout passes before the weekend deal does.
No, that's not how the timed lockout works. I suggest you have a read through my earlier post explaining what happens.

You're only likely to pick up a 24 hour lock-out if you try at least 3 times, and get an unsuccessful message (like the usual "card declined" one). However, it should be noted that some banks might not do this, although most surely do.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #463
stationaryfan

Well I've now tried it with Paypal and 3 different cards, even on my friends account for the second try on one of the cards, and still to no avail. This situation is interesting to say the least. Just more incentive to save my 20$ for a rainier day, I suppose. Good job Steam.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #464
crunchyfrog555

Banned
Quote:
Well I've now tried it with Paypal and 3 different cards, even on my friends account for the second try on one of the cards, and still to no avail. This situation is interesting to say the least. Just more incentive to save my 20$ for a rainier day, I suppose. Good job Steam.
That is a little odd, to say the least.

I guess you've followed my suggestions, and not tried several times on the same card in quick succession (with failures)? It would certainly suggest something may either be wrong with Steam, or your connection.

I'd certainly be contacting support as it isn't likely to fix itself.

See where we go from there.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:50 AM   #465
skullcap

Well, a update on my situation from the 23rd, the money from the apparently declined and Failed transcation, which was completed succcessful on Paypal's end got taken from my account on the 28th of April.

Steam support ticket cobbed me off to go solve the issue with Paypal, so I did, I opened a dispute and escalated the claim in the time frame allowed, 11days later, a few purchases later with my VISA card to avoid Paypal issues my account gets suspended today without any notice or information. As far as steam support ticket seem to be concerned, the issue was resolved since they decided to close the ticket on the 26th, so now, 11days later its all hit the fan and account is closed.

Now I've read and googled to find out if Paypal does a chargeback of any kind, be it on the failed transcation or later on with a claim and your account is suspended then Steam run the policy that its not there problem and won't unlock your account? Nice.

So now, I'm waiting AGAIN for support to respond to tell me why the account is suspended, which I assume is because of the Paypal dispute I put up (which steam doesn't show any curtesy of actually responding to, just outrights suspends), Paypal also set a deadline of 10th of May for Steam to respond. So assuming this is all to do with the dispute I probably going to have to make the choice of losing the value of the error £s or face a permanent lock on my steam account, which has been in good standings and many years of use.

So yes, nice support really, little to no info, following advice from Steam to goto Paypal to resolve the issue which results in them telling me to dispute results in a full suspension of the account instead. Quite a interesting bussiness practice of Steam to allow me to purchase a few items for 11days after the dispute is open via my VISA card for them to suspend the account and effectively lock me out of everything.

So back to twiddling thumbs waiting for tech support ticket response in the UK from a US company, fun times.
skullcap is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips