Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sol Survivor

Old 04-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
OJ191

Crashes since the last patch.

-Pressing enter when a lobby closes (to send a message for example) has crashed me once.

-Once I crashed twice in a row... seems to be related to having the steam overlay open when major things are occuring (ie game starting)

-I hadn't encountered this since demo; but earlier I got the "purple screen of doom" (soft lock)

EDIT: the bug report feature does not always appear.

Last edited by OJ191: 04-01-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:56 AM   #2
xthread

I had several crashes yesterday like you but I never see a bug report.

Almost the same Problem: Game crashed while using the steam overlay or tabbing to win.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:22 AM   #3
Nekomancer

Alt+Tab crash when using Sol Survivor in Fullscreen is an old issue. The only known workaround is Window mode.
Nekomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:10 AM   #4
Exaltedlegions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekomancer View Post
Alt+Tab crash when using Sol Survivor in Fullscreen is an old issue. The only known workaround is Window mode.
I have never experienced this issue and I Alt+Tab for minutes at a time. Guess it doesn't affect everyone which is a slightly good thing.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:07 AM   #5
ColdEquation

Cadenza Interactive
Alt-tabbing introduces some quirky DirectX behavior, and developers approach this in different ways. Some disable the hotkey, which frustrates anyone who multitasks. Others just don't consider it, and the result is frequent crashes. The rest put effort into stabilizing the game during the transition and hope it works out.

We recognized that turret defense can be played casually - not exactly the immersive experience that a shooter or RPG offers. So we allow a pretty reasonable windowed mode system. The only restriction is that resizing is disabled while loading, which is about the worst case from a stability standpoint.

We continue to look into ways to improve alt-tabbing. In the mean time, you may want to keep it to the menus if you can, where less can go wrong with render swapping.
ColdEquation is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sol Survivor