Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darkness II, The

Old 03-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
trivi4l

My review :D!

http://www.firstdropshow.com/?p=1288
This is actually my best review yet so I'm really proud of this one !
Comments and Critique welcome
Old 03-12-2012, 05:41 AM   #2
Soulless {KAN}

Nice review, but still dont know if buy or not
Soulless {KAN} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
F1ach

Banned
I dont think you mentioned Vendettas and only passingly mentioned the collectible relics, I think you could have elaborated more on both of them either way.

I think price is a subjective thing, actually games are coming down in price, an XBOX game would have cost about £70 on release, now a 360 game costs about £40-£45 on release.

I personally dont think the game is overpriced, but thats just my opinion, I have played longer games than this, that were complete e.

I like the storyline and it was nice to get some sort of closure, I think the voice acting is top notch and very immersive, I also liked the Asylum and Mansion, the rest is just FPS corridor with Fatalities, I think The Darkness 2 adds more to the FPS genre, than most other FPS games tbh.

The review itself was well delivered and presented.
F1ach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #4
trivi4l

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1ach View Post
I dont think you mentioned Vendettas and only passingly mentioned the collectible relics, I think you could have elaborated more on both of them either way.

I think price is a subjective thing, actually games are coming down in price, an XBOX game would have cost about £70 on release, now a 360 game costs about £40-£45 on release.

I personally dont think the game is overpriced, but thats just my opinion, I have played longer games than this, that were complete e.

I like the storyline and it was nice to get some sort of closure, I think the voice acting is top notch and very immersive, I also liked the Asylum and Mansion, the rest is just FPS corridor with Fatalities, I think The Darkness 2 adds more to the FPS genre, than most other FPS games tbh.

The review itself was well delivered and presented.
You're right I didn't have a chance to play multiplayer unfortunately, I heard it was great ( but still on the short side).
I'm not sure where you live but in the US all new game releases here are $60. Maybe its the strength of your currency going up?
For me to recommend a 6 hour game it would have to totally blow me away, the last game to do that was Jamestown and that was a $10 game that lasted an hour.
The storyline and the voice acting were indeed top notch my favorite part of the game.
It does add a breath of fresh air to the FPS genre with its combat mechanics, too bad it doesn't offer variety of enemies and breaks from the same corridor from repeating what already works :l

Thanks! Like I said its my best review so far
trivi4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #5
Jyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by trivi4l View Post
http://www.firstdropshow.com/?p=1288
This is actually my best review yet so I'm really proud of this one !
Comments and Critique welcome
Great review man, I also checked out your Blacklight Retribution review. And as a plus point, I may be on the verge of getting both of them as we speak.. Blacklight Retribution already being downloaded right now. <=)

Edit: Got that Darkness II and it was a bit of a tough decision.. between that and RAGE.

Last edited by Jyre: 04-15-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Jyre is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darkness II, The